Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Letter #1


Pershendjete familjet!!!!
Ahhhhhh how joyous it is to finally be able to email you and inform with what is going on with me! I wish i could've sent this out to you sooner but my P-days are on Wednesdays! Exactly one week from today we said our bitter goodbyes.. that was the hardest thing I think I have ever done in my life having to walk away from all of my favorite people on this planet knowing that I wouldn't be seeing them face-toface for 18 months! BAHHHHH... I miss you guys more than words can explain!!! I can't think about it often though or it makes me cry.. Luckily the MTC is brilliant and packs my schedule so full and so planned out that I hardly have any time to sit and mope about it.. I am so concentrated and focused on this work and truly it is a blessing. 
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!: I am only here for 9 weeks now because they cut the time so now my departure sate is on March 19th!!! WOOO HOOOO!!! YAY!
The MTC is absolutely incredible. The first few days were ROUGH. Real rough.. I am doing so great now though so don't worry about me!!!! The Spirit here is incomprehensible. Imagine packing 3,400 missionaries all with an immense amount of faith into one tiny campus, where no evil can exist, to study the Savior day in and day out! IT IS AMAZING. Evertything we do here is centered around christ, our Savior and Redeemer and we open and close each and every meeting in His name. It is incredible.
Well to tell you a little about my mission and what I have been up to here in this zoo, basically my new name is Motra Forte (aka Sister Forte in Albanian). I am one of 4 people in my district which is absolutely insane. The typical size of a distric here is generally around 15-20 missionaries and WE HAVE 4!!!!! All four of us are the only ones in the MTC going to preach the Gospel in the Adriatic South Mission. It is so awesome because all of us are super close. The Elders are practically my brothers now and we are all so close with eachother. I literally feel like I have been here for 3 weeks. Its the oddest thing. The days go by SOOOO SLOW. But the weeks fly by!!!!
My companion's name is Motra Hawkins and she is awesome. She is 19 just like me and got her call just 2 weeks before me! WE ARE MEANT TO BE HERE IN THIS PLACE, AT THIS TIME!!!!!! 

I'm sure you are all wondering about my Albanian language... basically THE GIFT OF TONGUES IS REAL PEOPLE!!!!! I have only been here for 1 week and I can already pray, bear my testimony and express myself in Albanian, and great people ALREADY!!! I never even learned this much in a year of Spanish class. I'm not gonna lie to you.. this language is NUTS. Its very complex and involves so many different cases, odd sentence structures, noun declintions, acclitics and many other aspects. Nothing like English. haha. I know that through my faith and through the Lord's strength and guidance I will be able to learn this insane language! Ahhhh.. How conforting it is to say that!
So this past week I gave 3 lessons to an investigator named Albana ALL IN ALBANIAN!!!!!! Can you believe that? yeahhh.. me neither! I am learning so much here already. Its blowing my ever-living mind!!! My teachers are awesome... I have one Albanian teacher and a return missionary from America! my albanian teacher's name is Brother Hoxha and is pretty rad but really strict and tough on us! He has a way thick accent that makes him sound like Gru off of Dispicable Me!!! SO FUNNY. I love it here! i have seen so many Elders and Sisters from high school including Elder Moulton, Sister Zundel, Sister Godfrey, Elder Enslow, Sister Mckay(Breea's cute cousin speaking Mandarin) and Sister Mcdonald from the ward! It is so awesome being here with the same desire to serve the Lord as all of my friends! I LOVE IT!


People here in the MTC freak out when i tell them where I am going! haha. I sort of love it. Not going to lie!!!!
So I have limited time but I just wanted to thank you guys for all of your love and support you have sent to me! I love you all with all of my heart and I couldn't be doing this without you!!! I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!!!
P.S. I LOVE YOUR DEAR ELDERS MOMMY!!! Thank you for my package! The cookies were great and I shared them with all of my great friends here that had a rough first few days! I will write you more in writing when I have more time! I will bear my testimony to you in a letter okay?! OKAY!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU.

Mirepofshim!!!!
Your favorite daughter/ sister/ friend,
Motra Forte<3

p.p.s. PRAY FOR ME! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo