Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Letter #3 : A day in the life of Sister Forte

My cute companion and our Finnish Sisters
My cute district on Sunday in front of the temple!
(it was gorgeous!)
Miredita Familjen dhe Miqem Ime!!!!
Oh how I love P-days! Wednesdays are the very best days!!! I have been here for 3 full weeks now and it is only getting better! The MTC is fabulous!! I am absolutely loving my time here and I am so grateful for all of the great people that I have met! In my room, I live with my companion, Motra Hawkins, Sisar Clifford, my other Finnish companion, and two cute red heads going to Virginia! This past week one of the red heads, Sister Price, went home.. :( it was so sad to see her go but she is happy with her decision and she feels that she is needed at home. Sister Price had a rough time making friends here and she had major depression and anxiety. Honestly, if she couldn't handle the MTC, there is no way she would've been able to handle the mission. She has way too much emotional stress and baggage. That was the worst part of the week.
The other redhead roommate just left this morning for Virginia and she is doing so well! I am so excited for her and the many adventures she has to come! I hate goodbyes!!!
This past week was awesome. So much happened and it is difficult for me to remember everything but I will do my best to compose my thoughts. 
HIGHLIGHT: This week we got a new investigator named Mihal and we had to practice a door approach with him. When we approached the door, we knocked and Mihal barely cracked the door to see who it was. He was SO stand-offish and was not interested in hearing our message. It was very difficult to loosen him up and make him feel comfortable. It wasn't until we explained who we were and why we were there that his heart became softened. I took the reins and said in Albanian, "Ne jemi misionare nga te Kishes se Jezu Krishtit te Shenjtoreve te Diteve te Mevonshme. A mund te ndiqni nje mesazh per Jezu Krishtit me ty?" Instantly he started asking questions about how old we were and the reason why we were there to share our message. I don't know what came over me but I broke out into my testimony and Mihal understood everything I said and invited us in to hear more! It was the most satisfying feeling to be able to soften his heart and be allowed in to his house to teach him more about his Savior. 
This week was so great. I just continue to get closer and closer with my District and it is so much fun!!! My Elders call me Motra "Strong" because is Albanian Forte translates to Strong! How cool!! Forte's are the Best! Me and Motra are doing really well. Our companionship is growing stronger and stronger everyday! Last night we built a fort and slept together in the same twin! Bahahaha. It was so much fun!
Everyday I pray to have the Spirit with me and to allow it to be unrestrained so I can get the most out of the MTC experience that I can! Because of this, I have learned so much this week. Let me share a few spiritual insights that I learned. In Luke 22:32, we learn that once we are converted ourselves, be must strengthen our brethren. This is such a great verse that really helps me to realize my purpose in being here. We must rescue our brethren!!! We are all put here all this earth to help our brothers and sister all return to our Father in Heaven again. This is His work. I am so lucky to be a part of it!
On Sundays we have our weekly Temple Walk and this week it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Seriously.. The sky couldn't get any bluer and I could finally feel the warmth of the sun! AWEEE SPRING IS COMING!!!!!!

I will send some pics in a different e-mail so I can fit more! So many sister missionaries are coming in now! It is blowing my mind. The Elders used to completely take over the MTC and now the Sister are giving the Elders a run for their money! In our fireside on Sunday night, all of the new Elders that are 18 years old and all of the Sisters that are 19 and 20 were asked to stand. Literally more than half of the room was standing! Missionary work is growing and growing!!! We heard word that a new MTC is being built in Mexico for all of the missionaries going to Spanish Speaking areas! HOW CRAZY IS THAT?! I was at the very beginning of the BIG BOOM but now they are all coming!
I am so lucky to have the best family in the world. All of you are the cutest. Jordan. I loved your package. And your postcard. You are the best. Dom, you better step up your game! hahaha. Just teasing. Mom and Dad, you really are the greatest parents in the world. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!! This week I could totally feel all of your prayers. Thanks you so much for praying for me and know that I pray for you everyday! Please continue praying for me as I do my best to tackle this bad boy of a language!

Our Random Celebration with our Sisters in our
Zone with the Martinelli Mom sent me!
(thanks mommy!)
I have 5.5 weeks left baby!!! AHHHHH I can't believe it! Next Friday will be our half way mark and I am tripping out!!!!
Mom and Dad.. Thank you so much for all of your love from your packages! I feel so dang spoiled! THANK YOU FOR THE COOKIES! There were 12 huge cookies in there so I shared with the Missionaries in my zone!
Tell Kenzie Holmes that I absolutely love her..  She sent me the cutest Valentines package with this hilarious shower cap in it and I died laughing!!! Tell her THANK YOU THANK YOU!
I am out of time for this week but I will be sure to write more next week! Write me dearelders. Thats the best way for me to hear from you the day of! Respond to this email as well! I want to hear from you to find out how home is!
I love you all the pieces!

Me Dashuri,
Shaunie Bear.