Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Letter #5: It's That Time Again... :)


Oh my beautiful family and friends!
My cute District in front of our sick flag! REPRESENTING BABY!!!!
It makes me so happy when this time finally comes! So I don't know if I told you this already or not, (cuz all of the weeks have blurred into one big blob), but my District calls me Sister Strong, cuz in Albanian, Motra Forte translates to Sister Strong! haha. This week I have been trying to live up to my title and to be strong for myself. I officially have 3.5 weeks left and I am tripping out a little bit. I am trying to prepare myself as much as I can before I get out of here but obviously I know that I won't be fluent when I walk out of here. haha. Sometimes I think I expect myself to be speaking like a native Albanian and unfortunately.. thats just not going to happen. Keep praying for me as I need all of the help that I can get! haha. Also, please pray for an Elder in my District, Elder Austin. I haven't found out for sure yet, but something traumatic happened to his family last night and he is reallys struggling today! I feel so bad. These people have seriously become my second my family. We are all so close and it pains me to see any of them unhappy! :(
Me, Motra, and our cute roommates/Sisars going to Helsinki, Finland!
Cute little Brit came into the MTC last Wednesday and all week I was looking for her and she was looking for me, but we didn't find eachother until Sunday and when we did... AHHH it was such a beautiful reunion. We both ran to eachother and embraced followed by tears. We both just started bawling like babies! I don't know what came over me.. it was like a got a chance to touch a little piece of home! Its the same when I see Meghan Godfrey as well.. She is the greatest. I seriously love that girl with all of my heart! The crazy thing is, we got here on the same day and she leaves next week! I can't believe it!
Ahhh I am so sad that I missed my Ky Ky's farewell! I am so sure that she did fabulous! Please tell her that I love her to pieces and I am so excited for her! Oh and if you could, try and get her MTC address to me too! I want to be her pen pal while we are on our spiritual journeys together! Also cute Bree Bree apparently came in today but I haven't seen her quite yet! I hopefully will find her tonight and I CANNOT WAIT!!! It is so fun being able to see all of my friends come in! Luckily for me, by now I know the ropes around this town, and I try to lend a helping hand whenever I can!
My District with Motra Gjicka! She is from Vlore, Albania and she already
left the MTC to serve in Italy! COOL HUH? She is so cool!
Me and Motra with the Novers going to Budapest, Hungary!
They are in our district!
I am so happy to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am so blessed to have this opportunity and I cannot wait to get my butt over to Albanian and to teach the people the Lord is preparing for me. this week in Choir, our awesome conductor gave us an awesome little thought on our song entitled, "A Marvelous Work" and it really touched my heart. The song is combined with the Spirit of God and it was absolutely beautiful. I learned that we all have a bag of Gold that represents the Gospel, and we can give a spoonfull to everyone we meet and it will never run out! We have something much more valuable than Gold to share burning with us. We want it to burn within the hearts of others because it is such a great message. The Spirit of God like a fire is burning burns within each of us, and we have to quench the firery darts of the devil by strengthening our fire! It is then that we are able to ignite this fire within others and the Spirit of God will become incomprehensible among the Children of the Lord. Everyone needs to here the message we have to share and I wont stop until I have told every person I come across about the truthfulness of it. This reminds me of the inspiring talk "The Fellowship of the Unashamed"! Will you please send me a copy of this great talk please? One thing I really miss is GOOGLE. Who would've thought? haha.
Anyways, I love you all so much. With every fiber in my being. You are the best people the Lord could have ever put into my life and I am so incredibly blessed to have you all in my life!
Dad: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PAYING OFF MY MISSION!!!! You are the greatest dad and girl could ever ask for. I mean that! Thank you so much. I am so appreciative to you!
Mom: I have decided that as a mother, you have special powers. You always seem to get me the things I need even before I ask for them! Thank you thank you thank you!!
Me and my friend Elder Xander Bischoff from BYUH

Jordan: YOUR PACKAGE MADE ME CRY.. I love you so much. Thank you for all of the treats and goodies. You are making me fat. Great job.
Domi: Have so much fun at Prom! Live it up.. High school was the best of times.. for sure! Besides the mission of course.. ;) ps. let me know when you get into BYU! YAY!
Cam: You little butthead. Put down your phone. Stop texting Katie, and write your favorite sister a letter already ya hear? This is a threat.
Dylan: I love you, but you need to write me bud. Take 20 minutes off of Xbox and write a letter to your sister in the MTC! She would be happy to hear from you :)
  
Unë e di që Kisha e Jezu Krishit është shumë e vërtetë. Unë jam shumë mirërenjohëse per Ungjillin e Jezu Krishtit dhe unë nuk e di ku unë duhet për të qenë pa ai. Ne jemi shumë u bekohemi për të pasur që dituri ne kemi. Unë them këto gjerat në emrinë e Jezu Krishtit, Amen.
Unë ju dua familje!

Me shumë dashuri,
Your favorite missionary,



Shaunie/ Motra Forte