Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Letter #7: THE FINAL STRETCH!!!!


Familje dhe Mika!!!!
So pretty much, my last name is the coolest.
FORTE: 1. Strong, Mighty
2. Hard, Heavy
3. Firm, Resolute, Unyielding
4. Intense, Bright, Powerful
IS THAT NOT THE COOLEST?
I sure thought so :)
Si je?! I miss you all so much and I hope all is well at home! We have made it to the final stretch people!!! I get my itinerary and flight plans for Albania tomorrow, I believe, and I AM FREAKING OUT!!!! I am so excited to get out of this place! I have loved the MTC so much, but I am getting a little stir crazy.. not gonna lie. The food is 'ight, but I am SO sick of it! Mommy I miss your delicious home cooked meals and I will never take them for granted again! haha. This week, starting today, we have Consecration Week and this morning we starting speaking nothing but Albanian! We can't speak a lick of English all week (except to translate for my Motra Hawkins!!) It is going to be so HARD!!! So please please PLEASE pray for me this week.. I am going to need all the help I can get! Haha.. The language is coming along really well but I still don't feel 100% competant in the language. I know that I will learn a ton this week though because when you are forced to speak it, IT COMES! I am going to be exactly obedient this week in the language because I NEED BLESSINGS!!! But great news, this week our teachers told us that they have never seen a companionship as advanced in 7 weeks as me and Motra! Isn't that awesome? I was so happy to hear that!
My district with the Albanian missionary, Motra Berati
before she departed to London, England!
She is from Tirana where our mission home is!
She is so cute!
and she loved me. Every Albanian thinks that
I look Albanian! haha. Kind of a perk I guess :)
12 days left. 12 days left. 12 days left. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can! haha.
Anywhoooo. This past Sunday was fast Sunday and BOY! Was is a great one or what? Here in the MTC we are given the "lovely" opportunity to fast for literally 24 hours straight! From Saturday night, to Sunday night. And IT IS SO HARD! Ahhhh.. but when you sit down and take your first bite of food, it is the best food in the world because you are so starving! The messages I learned on Sunday though were so incredible. The testimonies of all of the missionaries in my zone are so amazing collectively and individually! My testimony is strengthened through theirs. Basically, one of the main lessons I learned was that we as humans are "Prone to Wander" like my favorite hymn, "Come Thou Fount", but if he put our full faith and trust in the Lord as our anchor, He will give us strength and we will not stray or vary from the truth. We can do all things in Christ and without Him, we are nothing. We need to feast upon the words of Christ and not starve or deprive ourselves from His words!!!
Last night we had a great fireside from a member of the 70 from Brazil! He was so cool and I learned so much from him. I learned that I need to decide now which Kingdom of Glory that I will choose to be in. I CHOOSE THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM!!! And as we all should decide now! Once that decision is made, then the little day-to-day decisions are practically made for us! The "Valiant" servants of the Lord will inherit the Celestial Kingdom upon their faithfulness and now is the time to act like it. I will be a Valiant servant of the Lord during my mission and afterwards as well. I also learned that it isn't all weighted upon what you do, but  WHO you become. 
From my cute package Aunt Jillie sent me! Make sure she sees this! :)
I'm in love with their cute little family and so is everyone is my district! hahaha. 
Caden and Ronin are getting so BIG!!!
LOVE YOU!!!!
Thank you for spoiling me while I have been here in the MTC! Everyone hates me for it here, but I sure do LOVE it and I feel your love and feel so close to you! Dad, I loved every little word of wisdom that you send my way this week! I have learned so much from you and I appreciate you thinking about me always! The other day all of the mail was for me! ALL 7 DEAR ELDERS AND ONE PACKAGE SLIP!!! hahaha. My district gave me SO much grief for that one.. hahaha. I LOVED IT! So thank you, thank you for your sweet kindness and gifts! 

I LOVE YOU! Une ju dua shume shume shume!!!!! :)
My time is just about up but I love you and I want you to know that I have such a strong testimony of this Gospel. I love it with every fiber of my being. I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to serve and I now that the Lord is helping me every step of the way! I could not do this without Him. It would be utterly impossible! I love you and I pray for you always!
Have such a great week my loves!

Love always, 
Motra Forte/Shaunie Bear/Your favorite missionary!