Monday, April 15, 2013

Letter #13: Souls to save..

Miredita my beautiful people!!!
Kush jeni? A jeni mire? Une shpresoj qe te gjithe eshte shume mire ne Emerik!
The cute members and our investigators eating cookies
after church for my birthday! :)
How are things on the other side of the world?! I heard through the grape vine that North Korea declared war on the US!!! What the heck is going on people?! Geez.. well I sure hope you all are safe and doing well! First of all I want to say thank you to all of you for your love and birthday wishes!!! I loved them all and you really made me feel so special! :) IM 20 BABY! No longer a teenager! Woo Hoo! My birthday this year was slightly different than the rest, because it really isn't about me at this time. I am so focused on the people here that I didn't have any time to think about myself! After church yesterday we ate cookies and the branch all sang to me and ate with me! 2 of our cute investigators, Ermira and Aferdita, even got me a little present! They are the cutest and nicest people here ever! I love the people here with my whole heart!


I am so happy that Jordan's graduation went so well!!! CONGRATULATIONS BABY BOO!!! I love you. 
Another shout out for the week: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMO!!!! YOU ARE 15 TOMORROW BABY BOY!!!!! I am so excited for you and know that your favorite older sister in Kosovo is celebrating for you on the other side of the world! haha. I love you bud!

So this week was a good one! One of much learning, strengthening, and diligent work. This week I had many little tests that really strengthened my faith and helped me to remember my purpose as a missionary out here. I have come to a knowledge of the importance of being exactly obedient. I know that when we are obedient, the Lord really does bless us and will guide and direct our feet when we ask him. When we don't follow the guidance we are given exactly, and deviate even the slightest bit, we can end up somewhere we didn't want to be. I have come to realize the importance of these things this week and I know that as I continue to strive to magnify my calling as a missionary and be exactly obedient in all things, the Lord will bless me, and bless the lives of those here in Kosovo. 

Motra Hoover made me this cute sign and
hung it in the church! I love her!
 
This week I was reading in Mosiah and came across a few great verses in Mosiah 2:22-24. They talk about how we are so indebted to our Savior and how we should serve Him and keep His commandments in all things. It then says, when we are obedient, we will be blessed immediately and we will prosper! How cool is that promise? We have a responsibility to the Lord and that responsibility is to follow His commandments in all things and to strive to do the best that we can, because we owe it to Him. I  have really been trying to use my time wisely out here, because I realize that it is such a short time that I have to give all of my time, effort, and energy into this work. I owe it to Him! There is NO time to waste! I got souls to save!!! Pray for me that I might be able to be guided and directed to those that are ready to hear the Gospel here in Kosovo.

The gorgeous waterfall!
Not the best pic, but you kinda get the idea! 
This week I went on exchanges for the first time, and two sisters from Dures in Albania came up to Kosovo for the day! Motra Hoover had me teach two lessons by myself with this other sister, but I basically conducted the whole lesson. It made me realize how much I really can do on my own, and how much I really do know! Although I didn't understand everything that was going on, I was directed by the Spirit and I said things to my investigators that I didn't even know I knew how to say! It was such a cool experience. I have without a doubt seen the hand of the Lord help me here in Kosovo. Although these first few months of training are tough, I am learning so much and I have had to rely on my Heavenly Father to help me! I can't do any of these things without Him! 
The beautiful country-side on our drive to Peje

Today for P-day we went out to this rad place town about an hour and 10 minutes away, close to the border of Montenegro, called Peje that has this amazing waterfall! It was so nice to get out of the city for a few hours and to see God's beautiful creations! The waterfall was seriously raging!!!! So much water! Kosovo is absolutely beautiful in the spring time! I never want it to change. After the waterfall, we went to this fish restaurant next to the falls and I ordered Grilled Trout! Dad, you would be so proud! It literally had the head and the tail and I peeled off the skin and ate the whole thing! It was actually wayyy good.. haha.
I hope all is going well in America and that the North Koreans don't bomb the US!!! That would really suck.. 
I will be praying for you!
Love your favorite missionary,
Motra Forte xoxo