Monday, June 17, 2013

Letter #22: Missionaries are in the Lord's Hands

P-day always comes at the most perfect times! That's for sure!!!
This week has been such an absolute whirlwind of a change.. Going from the Trainee to Trainer overnight is quite the experience.
I got assigned to train Sister Robertson from Bluffdale Utah! She is such a sweetheart and guess what..
She is taller than me?! Can you believe it? WE ARE THE TWO TOWERS!  hahah. We have been cruising the streets of Kosovo together and everyone just stares at us! It is hilarious. haha.
My last P-day with Sister Hoover and our Girls, Aferdita and Dafina :)
So far training has been going very well! We are a good match and I feel like we have some very great things lying ahead for us.As for being a trainer, it is so crazy different!!! I have so many responsibilities and duties that I didn't even realize Sister Hoover did for me! I know that this next transfer is going to be one of much growth. I have been praying so hard for the Lord to help guide me and help me to be able to train Sister Robertson to the best of my ability, and it is unbelievable to see His hand completely bear me up. I am completely amazed at my language ability this week and awe-struck that the Lord has literally blessed me with this ability to speak. It still is not perfect, but I am speaking so well! Missionaries are truly placed in the Lord's hands. I am sure of it.
All of our beautiful Kosovar lovelies.
only 3 of them are members the rest are our investigators! WOOT WOOT! 
At the beginning of this week we stayed in Tirana and helped to set up the new home of Sister Hoover, as she is opening up a new area in Tirana, so we didn't have the chance to meet with any of our investigators until yesterday! We had Mission Conference randomly early this transfer as we had Elder Kearon from the Quorum of the Seventy in the European Zone come and speak to us. It was such a spiritually uplifting conference and I learned so much. It was perfect to get all of us missionaries motivated to get out and do the work! The fire inside me has just been spritzed with a bit of gasoline baby! haha.. 
Our district before we split our separate ways!
After the conference we headed back to Kosovo and, boy, is it good to be back! I have missed all of my Kosovar people so much and they so excited to see me and to meet our new missionary! :) On Saturday we had 4 lessons lined up, and.. you guessed it. ALL 4 WERE "PRISH"ED.. aka. all 4 lessons fell through. Such a bummer that Sister Robertson had to get a taste of disappointment so soon in the game, but with her new young missionary blood, it only motivated her to keep finding new people! She is such a good example to me and I am so happy to have been paired with her. :)
Me and our Jewelry man! Him and his wife are the
golden couple we taught and we hope to teach them more and more!
Sunday we had 3 lessons. One was supposed to be with our investigator Egzone with Dardania to come help us teach, but he didn't show, so we took the liberty in teaching Dardania! It was so great to talk with her on a high spiritual level again as we haven't met with her for 2 weeks since having dropped her. I didn't have anything planned for the lesson and just let the Spirit guide me. We had a beautiful discussion about how the Lord's Plan just makes perfect sense, and Dardania's response to this was, "Its just too good to be true." I said back, "That is because it is such a perfect plan! But Dardania, IT IS TRUE!" She just needs to come to terms and accept the Gospel as the word of God. Then she will develop the strongest faith in Christ and be the strongest member. She comes to every activity and even came to church on Sunday with Arberesha! I was so happy to have them both there and I kept imagining the beautiful moment when both of them will be dressed in white, making their first covenant with the Lord. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT DAY!

This week has been a testimony to me that the Lord help's His missionaries. Not only does he help His missionaries, but he guides and directs them. I have come so close to my Savior knowing that He is my companion in His work. I am becoming so much more receptive to the promptings of the Spirit as I rely on Him as my guide. 

Thanks so much for being the best support system any missionary could ask for! I love you all with my whole heart!!!
Love your favorite missionary,

Sister Shauntel Louise Forte xoxo

ps. I sent this to Domi earlier, and I thought everyone might enjoy it..
Good Scriptures to look up.. 

D&C 50 is the best section!!! But here is my favorite...

 24 That which is of God is alight; and he that breceiveth clight, anddcontinueth in God, receiveth more elight; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day. 

There is no end to light and knowledge that we can recieve and we will carry that light and knowledge with us into the eternities! I love this so much. I have really learned to listen to the spirit and have become so spiritually edified the more and more I study this beautiful gospel!