Monday, August 19, 2013

Letter #31: Tender Mercies < 3

Hello my dear family :)
I love you so much and miss you dearly.. How are things in the USA?! I heard Jackie Chan died.. Fact or False? hahaha. We hear all sorts of rumors out here and I never really know what to believe to be true.. I hope everyone's summers were lovely :)

Oh what a week!!!! We officially have two new members of the Prishtina Branch! Hana and Valerjan were baptized on Saturday night and con

firmed on Sunday in Sacrament meeting! Sadly, they had a close cousin pass away that night after their baptism, and they still showed up to church to be confirmed! They are so strong and have some of the strongest faith I have ever seen. What an incredible feeling it was to realize that the Lord had used me and my companion as tools in His hands. I still am just on cloud nine! I finally understand what it feels like to help someone reach their conversion in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Words cannot describe my happiness for them. Realizing that now they can take part in the many blessing that come from being member's of His church just gives me chills. 

Us with Hana and Vali before their baptism! :) 
We held the baptism on Saturday night at 7 and we had so many wonderful show up to support them. They had a hole cheering section there in their behalf, including President Ford, Sister Ford, a few investigators, many members, and even two of the Soldiers, Colonel Rodriguez and Perkins, that came all of the way from the army base to support them! It was incredible. The baptism was held in the church in our brand new font and they were the first people to use it! Hopefully there are many more to come :) Elder Jones baptized both of them and read the Baptismal Prayer in Albanian! It was so awesome that he took the time to figure out how to say the words.. The Spirit that filled the room after they both come up out of the water was unlike anything else.. I felt to happy to have taken part in bringing them unto Christ! Little Denisa, their 2 year old daughter got scared when her mom went in the water and started crying!! hahaha. It was so adorable that she was so worried about her mom!
Their precious little Family!!!!!!
Cannot wait for them to be sealed in the temple next year!
The Soldiers are so supportive and are working to find help for little denisa!!! :)
Keep her in your prayers. The older she gets the worse her hip displascia gets.. ahhhh.
The Lord will bless them for their faith!

After the meeting, both Vali and Hana got up and shared their testimonies and feelings being clean and pure and they were glowing. Light literally was radiating off of their faces! IT WAS UNREAL. I can't fully express with words how full my heart was the hear them say, "I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church!" They both explained how since they found the church, they have been so much more happy! They feel more peace in their home, and they really feel the Spirit of the Book of Mormon! This is exactly how it is supposed to happen! All we do as missionaries is open the door, invite them to act, and the Spirit works upon their hearts!!! It is incredible. The Lord blessed us with many tender mercies this week.

Pajtim, our other investigator came to the baptism (this was his second one), and I said to him, "Pajtim, how are you feeling now? Did you enjoy the baptism?" He said, "Oh yes.. It was very thrilling!" Literally 8 different people asked him that night when his baptism was, including President, the Soldiers, Elder and Sister Jones, and more, and he said.. "Very soon." Ahhhhh! I cannot wait to see what happens with him. We are meeting with him tonight to talk more about everything.. so we will see! He says he has a few more questions before getting baptized. He is the best. He is ready for baptism, he just doesn't know it yet! Hopefully I am still here to see him make his first covenant! I'm crossing my fingers :)

We have been doing tons of finding lately.. 5 hours on the Boulevard yesterday, and so many numbers recieved! Super excited to meet with some of them.. There was this awesome man with crazy gray hair that looked like Motzart or someone who I talked to for 20 minutes yesterday! He is super rad and is excited to read the Book of Mormon. I gave him a copy of it and we are planning to meet this week.

In a nutshell, the work is moving forward people!!!!! It is such a blessing to be a part of this work. I love the Gospel. I have learned so much lately and learned so many Spiritual truths since being out here. These people have taught me so much and I couldn't have learned any of it without the Spirit. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this church is true. How blessed we are to have the truth and this wonderful Plan of Salvation. We are ushering in the Second Coming of the Savior! I love this work. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior.

I hope you all have a fabulous week!
Always remember, "Look unto the Lord in every thought. Doubt not--fear not." D&C 6:36

Love your favorite little missionary,
Sister Shauntel Louise Forte

xoxoxoxo