Monday, July 29, 2013

Letter #28: Happiness.

My sweet family..

It has been yet another great week!
Valmira and Aferdita were role playing as missionaries!
So cuteee.. We switched roles.
I was the investigator and they were the
missionaries teaching me about the Book of Mormon.
Both of them would make the most incredible missionaries!
I don't mean to sound cliche but things are really just going so well for us these past couple of weeks. I think it is all due to the fact that we found 3 golden contacts!! These people have literally been hand-prepared by the Lord. Pajtim is doing better than ever.. We have been really focusing all of our efforts on him lately because he is so ready his quick progress is inevitable! He soaks up every ounce of everything we tell him like a sponge and he comes to everything thats goes on at the church and even comes and plays sports with us in the morning. Every morning we have started playing sports with many investigators and members that feel like waking up at 6 am and we always have such a good turn-out surprisingly. Albanians love their sleep, but their sacrifice it to come and have a good time playing with everyone! He has become such great friends with people in the church including Besim, Gjon, etc.. This week we have been keeping daily contact with him and helping him to live the Word of Wisdom. He has got it all figured out and this week he told us that coffee has become a thing of the past and he has little desire for it now! Can I get a "OH YEAH!" OH YEAH BABY!!!! He is so happy lately and is always smiling and laughing.. He also told us, "I really think the Mormon Church promotes great things and I am excited to keep learning more." He is just the best. There is not much more I can say about him, other than he rocks! And we love him!

This week we had an insane lesson. It was with Pajtim and Dafina, Aferdita, and Valmira was there to help us! So basically it was like a combined lesson. It turned out to be absolutely insane. We got completely off our original topic and both Pajtim and Dafina were asking so many questions that were just way too much for them to handle. We kept switching back from Albanian to English, English to Albanian, and I was praying so hard the whole time that they would understand and feel the Spirit soften their hearts and answer their questions. In the end...2 1/2 hours later... goodness it was wayyy too long...  we basically pulled it all back to the Book of Mormon. If the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith is a true Prophet, and all of the other answers can be answered through that book because it is the true Word of God. In the end, I really do feel that the Spirit came in and gave a final impression on everyone. It was a really special moment. Although i would never replay the lesson again, I think it was good and necessary to base their testimonies on the Book of Mormon.

Me and my girls.. Aren't they the cutest?
Lately Sister Robertson and I have gotten so close to Dafina and Aferdita. They come and play with us every morning, and we see them both several times in the day, so naturally we have gotten really close. This closeness is unlike anything that I have ever felt before. They are like my older sisters away from home! haha. I know that I will be great friends with both of these two for the rest of my life. They are such amazing girls and it has been such a pleasure to be on their spiritual journey with them. Both of them are growing so much. Little by little, their faith grows and is strengthened. Because of them, my faith has been strengthened as well.

Missionary models :)
I have learned so much this week. More than ever, I am realizing more and more each day the main purpose of this wonderful gospel.. HAPPINESS. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings pure happiness, joy and love in this life. And not just happiness in this life, but for all eternity. I have such a strong testimony of this gospel and I thank the Lord for it every single day because it has brought me and my family so much happiness in our lives. Hasn't it family?! I am so grateful for my family and I could not be more pumped to spend the rest of eternity with them! What a blessing! This knowledge is such a beautiful knowledge. Like

Dafina has said to us before, "It's too good to be true.." BUT IT IS TRUE! And this is the best part. We can partake of its blessings ourselves just by accepting Christ's invitations to come unto him and acting upon them. Faith without works is dead. Without showing our faith through our actions, we can never recieve the witness that these things are true. God promises all of his children that if they ask, they will recieve! That's all we have to do to recieve happiness! How beautiful and simple these things are. I am so grateful to be a part of this great work. I know the Lord is moving His work forward here in Prishtina. I witness little changes each day that are evidence that the Lord is working here. He is preparing people for us. Although it may be difficult to weed through the die-hard radical Muslims, people wanting passports to America, and people unwilling to change, I know that there are people out there that are ready for this divine message!

I love all of you faithful readers.. I hope I shared something that gave a little light to brigthen the rest of your week!

I love you family.. You are the best family in the world. Never forget it.

love your missionary,

Motra Forte xoxo