Monday, August 26, 2013

Letter #32: I'm walking on sunshine, woahhhhh

F A M I L Y <3 F A M I L J E 
This day is just such a beautiful day!!! Ain't it great?
I am so happy to hear everything going so well back home!!!! 
*My older sissy's mission papers are in!!!!!!! Bahhhh!!! Jordan! Congratulations baby girl!!! I seriously will be hanging on the edge of my seat to find out where the Lord is sending you boo! You are going to be the best missionary the world has ever seen! Ain't that the truth! ;)
*Dad, I am so proud of you for closing your HUGE deal with work! You are amazing!! :) Your baby girl is proud of you!
Tirana Sunsetsssss
*Cam.. this is for you bud. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR GAME ON THURSDAY!!!!! you are gonna kill it! Get the first sophomore touchdown in Corner Canyon's History!!!!! :) Your sissy is rooting for ya all the way across the world! haha.
I seriously cannot express my full love and gratitude for you family. I love each of you so much and I am so grateful for the great examples that each of you are to me! You are incredible!!! I seriously have the best family in the whole wide world.. I have been so incredible blessed to have been placed into the best family, with the best parents that have raised me up in this beautiful gospel, into the missionary I am today! Yesterday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting about families and how our family relationships can be perpetuated beyond the grave. I seriously could not be any more happy to be able to live with my family for time and all eternity! WHAT A BLESSING! I bore my testimony about this and express my gratitude for all of you. I also told everyone how grateful I am for being my 2nd family out here in Kosovo! I love all of the people out here so much and a guess they are a good replacement for a short time.. ;) I love you family and I am so grateful for all of you!

The work is going well up here in Kosovo! I seriously am loving every minute of serving here and cherishing every second because transfers are next week! I am dying. I am going to cry. So hard. I have grown so close with all of the members and all of my investigators. They have all taken little pieces of my heart!  Plus, just helping Hana and Vali get to this point is going to be so hard to leave them! I know change is always a good thing, but I am going to be fighting this one pretty hard this time.. President Ford usually never keeps a missionary in an hour longer than 6 months, so that leads me to think/know that will be transferred down to Albania! I cannot even believe my time has flown so quickly serving here! I will have been here for 6 months! Can you believe that? Yeah, me neither! Missionary work is hard man. They put ya in an area, naturally you fall in love with the people, and then.. BAM! they make you leave!!! Its heart breaking! Really.. Ahhhh. But it will all be for the better. I am excited to hear where I will be sent in Albania! I'm crossing my fingers for Vlore?? Maybe Tirana? Who knows! Transfers are always a thrill!
I'm a redhed now?? haha.

The most amazing thing happened. Yesterday in Relief Society the topic was being followers of Christ, and Hana boldly rose her hand to share with us her experience that happened this week! She was out with some friends and they all offered her cigarettes and Alcohol.
She politely said, "No, thank you! I don't drink or smoke cigarettes." They all were shocked and prodded, "Why? Why?"
then, Hana boldly said, "Because I am a Mormon!"
MY HEART WAS SO OVERJOYED TO HEAR HER SAY THESE WORDS!
I cannot express the feelings of happiness that came over me. I was so proud!!!! Hana is so strong. She has such a strong testimony and is not afraid to share it with anyone! This is incredible that she would be courageous enough to tell everyone that she was a Mormon. I will tell you why.. because almost all of our members here are very secretive about the church and don't tell anyone because of the incredibly strong Muslim influence here and the strong social pressures. They are afraid of rejection or being disowned by their families. Then, shortly after Hana was baptized, she boldly declared to everyone that she is a Mormon! Her friends were all shocked and started asking tons of questions. Hana answered all of their questions and invited them to all come to church to take part in the happiness that she has found! HOW INCREDIBLE IS THIS GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!
 She went on to say that after explaining to everyone about the church and the missionaries, I immediately called her!!! Ironic? I think not!
Out of courtesy, I told her to say hello to her guests from me, little did I know they all now knew who I was! How cool! My little Hana is a missionary! She is going to be such a strength to the branch here. Her and Valerjan are both receiving callings this week: Relief Society teacher, and Elder's Quorum Teacher! They are the best. They will do an awesome job!

more sunsetsssss
As for our other work, we are meeting with some new people who we contacted on the road, and many of them are very excited about the Book of Mormon! We will continue meeting with them and help them to progress! Keep praying for us! The work really is moving forward! It is such a great blessing to be a part of. 
This Gospel is the most true thing on the face of the planet. I have never been more sure of anything in my entire life. I have seen first-hand, the Gospel completely change the lives of many people, and I am sure that there is no other way we can take part of this eternal joy! I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to tell all the land of Kosovo and Albania about His glad message. There is no other work upon the face of the earth that is more important! I am so grateful for my Savior. He is the reason I am here. I often think of the Sons of Mosiah and their great desire to tell every single living creature about this work, and how thinking of missing a single person made their bodies quake and tremble. As I have been out here, my desire for every creature to know is growing and growing. I sincerely want every person to take a part in this great knowledge and happiness that I have. I know that with the Spirit, the Lord will direct me to those people that are willing and ready to receive it! I love being a missionary.

I love you all so much and I hope you have such an incredible week! You are all the greatest! 
GO CHARGERS!!!! ;)

love always,
Motra Forte
<3<3<3<3<3<3

xoxoxoxxoxoxo