Monday, October 7, 2013

Letter #38 We're one of the lucky ones.

My cute little sister just wrote me and quoted the profound words of Lana Del Ray.. 
We're one of the lucky ones.
Isn't that the truth?!
This week was incredible. Conference was so inspiring, as it always is, but this time even more so. Our Prophet said it best, and I know the Lord really is requiring more of us in these days and times and I just feel so happy to be a part of it! It is such a blessing to be able to say I know the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God translated for our benefit so we can come closer to our Lord and Savior and attain eternal life. I know that my Redeemer lives. These simple words are my testimony and I truly feel like one of the lucky ones that knows it and not only knows it, I get to tell people all about it every single day! How lucky am I?
Yeah.
One of our favorite little members,
Ansa Deda. She loves me :) and I her.. and our cute investigator,
the Dedas cousins! She lives far out at school but we hope to go
visit her to teach her more of the lessons
Conference was incredible. They broadcasted it at the church in Albanian and I just sat and thought, "Holy smokes, there are people all over the world listening to this live in over 70 languages around the world!!! How great is this work?"
The Elders had a baptism and Saimire insisted that we were there! prandaj, we went!
Luckily, I was very fortunate that us missionaries got to watch the sessions up stairs in English to get the full understanding of it, then the final session President Ford invited us special missionaries to watch it with him and Sister Ford in their living room! It was so great. The Spirit from conference was ON FIRE!!!! I just have a scorchin' flame inside me now and I want to talk to every person that I come across. Everyone needs to take part of this great joy! It is just too good to be selfish and keep it to ourselves! We gotta get out there! Everyone needs to have their opportunity to accept or reject His message. And we gotta be the ones to give it to them! So what the heck are we waiting for?!
LETS GET OUT THERE!!!!!!

So Suida had her baptismal interview this week and minus a few technical difficulties, she passed and she is getting baptized this week! I cannot even wait for her to be able to take apart of the blessings that the Lord has in store for her. She is the most golden investigator I think I have ever had. She is so ready. Its as if she already knew everything and we are just reminding her about it. She believes everything so freely and is so ready to be baptized.. MEZI PO PRES!!!!!!!! (translation.. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!)

Next, we met with our sweet Luli this week and she told us the most incredible thing. She was very excited to meet and we didn't understand why until she sat us down and told us that she received her answer about the Book of Mormon. Just a few nights before, she woke up the middle of the night and was still in dream perhaps, looked towards the window and there on the windowsill sat a young girl holding the Book of Mormon. She told her that the Book was true and that she had better read it. I was completely taken over with the Spirit when she told us this experience. How incredible that not only does she know her answer that the Book is true, but she saw her answer! She is so spiritually in tune, that one. She is prepared, I'll tell ya! She should be getting on the 19th of October and we are so excited to continue teaching her. Not many people are like her, thats the truth. The Lord is so completely aware of all of us and I know He is aware of each of His children here in Tirana, Albania. 

Check out this Gorgeous sunset! I died. You know me and my sunsets.. haha
I feel so lucky that the Lord has been blessing us with some golden contacts and I pray that He helps us to find 100 more! :) The Albanians use an expression here "edhe një qind!" Which means, and 100 more! They use it for birthdays that you might have 100 more, anniversaries, and for many other instances! haha. I love it. 

Let us all be a missionary today. In the words of my cute little brother Dylan, "Go find some Mormons!" haha. I love that kid. 

I love you all so much and I hope that you feel my love from across the world. 
Missionary Countdown for Jo Jo: 28 days!!!!!
bahhhhhhh! Sister Forte's to the rescue! haha. :)

love,

Motra Forte<3