Monday, December 30, 2013

Letter #47 The Reason of the Season

So I feel real spoiled because in 9 days I get to skype home!!! bahhhhhh! So I am kinda freaking out. I am so excited and I feel oh so blessed to be able to see my loved ones on this special day!
Us girlies goofing off today in our cute albanian traditional costumes :)
The work this week has been pretty great. Me and Sister Robertson set some pretty high goals and although we didn't quite meet all of them, we had the best week I have had my whole mission. So many lessons taught. So many people seen. The Lord can work miracles when you set a goal. He helps you attain it! . . . Or get pretty dang close in our case. I am so excited and I am so motivated to work that much harder this week!
I love Sister Robertson. She is a visionary companion, I'll tell ya. She is so great with setting goals and not stopping until we attain them. She has taught me a whole lot throughout the chunk of time we have been blessed to have together on our missions. I just love her. Maybe I should ask President to stay will her for the rest of my mission? haha. Just playin! I know that would never happen.
Serious albanian face.
This week we went and visited one my favorite Albanian families. The Dishnicas. There is a mom and a dad and they have two boys who are married in the temple. The only one that isn't a member is the father, Ylli Dishnica. And let me tell ya, he is a sweetheart! Their family is the best and literally is among the strongest in the whole country. We have been teaching with the father to helping him come closer to joining his family in the faith! He knows it is all true. I can just feel it in my bones. But he just won't act. He works on Sunday and this is a HUGE obstacles for him. Hopefully come the new year, he will be able to turn a new leaf and close down their watch shop on Sundays! It would be an absolute miracle. Today we actually went to their shop and I treated myself. Hope that's okay mom and dad. I got two new beautiful watches and I am so excited about them. They give us the "special missionary discount"! They are the best family ever.
Today us Sisters in Tirana went and took pictures in Albanian Traditional Clothing! bahhhhhh! They are going to be classic. We won't get them until wednesday, so I will show ya on skype! They will be classic. Those outfits are a HOOT!!!!! haha.
Talk about winter whiteness.. and delicious sundays 
at Stephens Center (the american paradise)
I am so grateful for this wonderful time that I have been able to spend a world away for the holidays. Although it is very different being away during this special time, it has already been so rewarding. It will be the first and hopefully the last Christmas I will have away from home, but it will be a great one. It will be a great one because no matter where we are in the world, we can feel His love. This time of the year is for us to think about Jesus Christ, the Lord and Savior of the World. He truly is the Reason for the Season. What a special time of year it is and may we all share the love that fills our hearts with others through out this season! 

"6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God , The Everlasting Father , The Prince of Peace ." 

This scripture says it all. Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of God, was born into the world, to bring peace and joy to every man. He is the Prince of Peace, and as long as we have faith in Him, we can have all that He has to offer us.

I love you all and I cannot wait to skype you in 9 days! Ahhhhhh, I am not counting down or anything.. By the way, don't forget. 9:30 am-12:30 pm your time. That would be 5:30-8:30 pm my time :) Sound good? I sure hope so! I love you soooooo.
Have a blissful Christmas season.
I love ya lots.. all of ya'll :)


Love Sister Shauntel Forte