Monday, February 3, 2014

Letter #50 what its all about.

Unë nuk mund te besoj qe kam qenë në mision time per një vitë! jam habitur dhe shumë e lumtur qe unë kisha këtë mundesi të shërbej zotin tim për këtë kohë të plotë. Unë e dua ungjillin e jezu krishtit dhe jam shume e gezuar qe unë mund të qëndroj si perfaqësues e tij. Unë ju dua juve shumë dhe jam mirenjohëse për të gjithë përkrahje që më jipni. 
(Translate me)

So I went to start writing my letter and albanian came to my mind first, so I just started writing.. It has been such a joy being with Sister Wendt and Sister Sejati, our native, because all we do is speak albanian. Now saying my language is perfect, but I feel that I have definitely improved just by thinking in albanian and becoming one of them. It is such a joy.

This week has been quite a whirlwind of fun! We have been kept busy busy busy, and it has been good. Real good. I really love being busy and not even having a moment to relax throughout the day. There is something really satisfying about coming in for the night and being so completely exhausted you can hardly move. Its a real pleasure.

Today we went to an ancient city called Apolonia. It was unreal. I felt like  stepped into the Roman Empire for a minute. Then... wait for it.. we went to the Beach!!!!! In January people! It was so beautiful and I felt so lucky that Albanian has such mind winters! Woot woot.. I am A-OK being without the snow for a season! We played soccer with our whole district and made a fire with tin foil dinners! It was such a blast. One of my favorite P-days for sure :)

We started up English course this week and got a few people interested to learn more about the Book of Mormon! Success!
I met for the first time with a new investigator that has been investigating the church for about 6 months now named Jolla. She is really sweet but has had cold feet about joining the church. During my first lesson with her, she was so completely fixed on every word I said to her and I felt inspired to invite her to baptism again. when I said these words she instantly said, "This all of the sudden just feels like the right thing to do in my life. You just have such a great spirit about you and I can feel the truth behind the words you say." I felt so happy to know that I could act as a tool in the Lord's hands and be a vessel of His truth and light. 
This is what missionary work is. Helping others to grab hold of His love and His light. When they accept it, it is the most beautiful experience to watch because it is as if they had known it before, just not knowing they were missing it. It remind me of this ever so true scripture in D&C 123...

 12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are ablinded by the subtle bcraftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to cdeceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they dknow not where to find it—

Gosh, I love you all. Thank you for being the best family ever. You are the best people I could ever ask for in my life! I hope your days in school go lovely. You are the best.


love Sister Forte<3