Monday, February 3, 2014

Letter #51 this is how we do it.

OH my wonderful people. You just make me so happy. 
Here I am on top of a huge emperor konstantine the great's head!
it won't let me send all of them together! I am so sorry. haha
This week was quite a whirlwind and literally flew past in the blink of an eye. I cannot believe it is the beginning of a new week already. Where is January going? Ahhhhh. We literally have been so crazy busy with two exchanges with different sisters around the mission and keeping up our work here in Fier. There is never a free moment to sit kot. Which means sit unpreductive.. I absolutely love it!

So we had met with this adorable girl from Detroit here because she is working with the Peace Core here in Fier! Can you believe that? What are the odds? As soon as I saw her in the street I knew she wasn't Albanian! The light blonde hair, big blue eyes, and gorgeous straight teeth gave her away. haha. So we met with her and taught her the Restoration lesson. It was my first lesson I have taught in English in a realllll long time! Lets just say, I completely forgot what it felt like to testify in English. What a change man! It felt so awesome and the Spirit was so strong. The Spirit is present when we teach in Albanian as well, but it was just different this time. I just knew she felt it too. We committed her to read the Book of Mormon and she accepted! She was so excited to finally sit down and hear more about the LDS religion. How cool it was for real. I will keep you updated with this cute girl!
So this is berat.. We were up at the castle and it was real gorgeous!

Cute recent converts, a mother named Anila and her daughter Dajana had their electricity turned off this week due to the fact that her husband up and left her with thousands of dollars in debt. These poor people. The literally had no light and water running in their house. We made them a dinner and gave them a great lesson on family and how important family is in times of trial. They are always there for you when no one else is. Even though her husband walked out on her, her and her daughter have become ever so close and they are being strengthened through the Love of the Lord. It felt so good just to help them out in anyway that we could. I felt so horrible for them as they are such great people.

This week I have really come to understand better my ultimate purpose of being a missionary. Even when we aren't teaching a lesson, we are always to be His representatives and spread His infinite love that He so freely gives each of us. I am so grateful for Him and for the example he has set for me and all of us. I really feel like for the duration of a full year that I have been out on my mission, I have come to know Him so much better, and that is how I measure my success as a mission. That is what it is all about, helping His children come unto Him as we come unto Him ourselves. 
Read Luke 32:22. This is how its done. When we are converted we are to strengthen our brethren. This is the Lord's work. 

GORGEOUSNESS
I wish I had more time to write but of course I am on the run yet again! haha. Have a blast in Maui family.. You deserve it!!!! I love you all so much!
love Motra Forte


I will send pics a bit later.. LOVE YOU!!!!!