Monday, February 3, 2014

Letter #53 I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ


Me with the twins after their baptism! They were both glowing! :)
They also wanted to wear the Elders ties. Precious!
Can I just simply start out with a shout out? My girl Kenzie Dawn Holmes is now engaged to my boy Andrew Hawks!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! I am so excited for the two of them! Congratulations my dears! I just love ya ;)

How was Maui babyyyyy? Dang, these pics mom is sending me look so wonderful! You all are tan and beautiful! How jealous am I!!!!! Nahhh, I know I will be there next year :)

This week just flew by, like all the rest, and I am pretty much flabergasted that it is February. Didn't I just wish you all Happy News Year? Oh wait. Yeah. I did! I am completely tripping out to see the time cruise on past! The work here is going.. its going, going, going, gone!
All in white! What a beautiful sight! haha.
My adorable little Sister Sejati leaves our tri-panionship this week and me and Sister Wendt are so sad. I can't bear the thought of sending her away from us. We have all become to close as friends and are always laughing and having a ball together. I just love them both!
This work is going well here in Fier! This week the Elders had a baptism of two twin brothers, Stivi and Flori! They are awesome boys, but crazy as a 16-year-old boys are. We had a family home evening night over at there house and I felt like I was messing around with Cameron and Dylan all over again. It was so much fun! 
Their baptism was awesome and the spirit was so strong. Both of the boys are around 6'3 so dunking them was quite the task! haha. 
As for our investigators, we are working on weeding out the unprosperous weeds and working on building up the flowers! I really feel like we have some good seeds to work with here :)

This is the Fier Fabulous Five plus our wonderful Senior couple and the Malaries! 
 They are a wonderful mother and son that are old-time-members. They are moving to Italy.. so sad! :(
It is so interesting how I happen to learn one big thing every week that I have been out here on the mission. This week was a special one that completely struck me.I have come to really come to appreciate the wisdom of youth. Yesterday in church, this cute 11-year-old boy, Davidi Avdiaj, gets up to bear his testimony and said to the congregation, "The Elders and Sisters can't be the only ones inviting people to church! We need to be inviting our friends and telling our family about what makes us happy." Dang. I was so impressed by this little boy. It was hands-down the best testimony and exactly what the branch needed to hear.
 It directly tied together with what I learned from my personal study this week. I am reading in Romans right now and I came across this wonderful scripture from Paul in his valiant ministry.




Romans 1:16
 16 For I am not aashamed of the bgospel of Christ: for it is thecpower of God unto dsalvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

 Isn't that beautiful? Paul put it so simply and he said it boldly. I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. As I look at my life before my mission, I was always so timid and shy to tell people what I believed. I would literally avoid the subject to avoid feeling uncomfortable when it came to religion. Now that I have been out for over a year now, I no longer have to be shy or reserved when talking about my beliefs because I now know with a surety that these things I am preaching to these wonderful people are 100% true and are of God. I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ. I am proud to say that I am a follower of Christ, and this is His glorious gospel restored on the earth for all those that will have faith and believe in Him. What a simple and glorious message. And I have the privelage of teaching it every single day. ("errrrrr day, errrrrrrr day"--by some unknown rapper)

I hope you all have a great week back home and that this great little message touches you like it touched me. We are responsible for sharing His light. I just love you all lots! I hope you never forget it! :)

143 I la la la love you!
love,
Sister Shauntel Forte<3