Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Letter #57 One for the books.

I cannot even believe it!!! We actually did it! Albania is now the Albania Tirana Stake!!!!!!!! :) Yesterday was one of the most special days. One of those days I will never forget. All of Albania as well as Kosovo and Macedonia met together at the Congress Hall in Tirana for our very first Stake Conference and boy was it magical. So much to be grateful for this week. The hand of the Lord has been witness this week. The meeting was so spiritual and powerful beyond words.  I got to meet with all of my recent converts and loved ones from past areas and it was so special. I saw Hana and Vali all dressed up so nice and spiffy just glowing with the Spirit. I was so overcome with emotions knowing that I. I, Shauntel Louise Forte, was the cause of doing some good in this land. My joy was so full. My heart is still bursting at the seams with love, joy, and happiness for these people! I love the Albanian people. I love this work. I love being a part of it!

We went and taught a Family Home Evening to Aurela and Ergys with the elders and grant it,
they are a bit crazy, but they are very kind people :)
This week was one for the books indeed. At the beginning of the week, we took the looooooooooooong journey up to Macedonia for a wonderful exchange with the Sisters up there.Sister Schofield and Sister Riddle :) Bless their little hearts. They will be together their entire missions. There are only two sisters up there and they will never be changed in and out like we are between transfer cycles, so it was a wonderful change for both of them. I love Sister Schofield with all of my heart. We will likely be great friends after the mission. haha. It was also so awesome because we went street contacting that night and we got practice our little Macedonian that the missionaries taught us, but also, we got to speak some Albanian! It was so wild and satisfying to find Albanians that we could share the Gospel with. On one side of the River its Macedonians, and on the other side its Albanians! It was so cool! I even got to eat the most heavenly Domino's Pizza I have ever had. Sheesh. I forgot how wonderful the food is in America! So full of flavor! haha.

My cute couple, Hana and Vali, from Kosovo, were at the conference
and it was such a complete joy to see them all dressed up nice, beaming with the light of the Gospel!
I taught them! I love being someone's missionary. They are everything to me! :)
What's a wonderful week without a few road bumps ehh? This week we got to teach our progressing investigators and sadly Tea's father wants her to wait to be baptized. I have definitely been faced with a problem like this before, and I know that with faith and help from the Spirit, her parent's hearts will be softened! Tea is so ready to be baptized! It would be such a shame if her parents held her back from her desires. And her eternal happiness! I know these challenges won't stop us though. Tea will be baptized! I am just sure of it.

The weeks are going by faster and faster. I really am starting to freak out that my mission is leaving me too fast and I still have so much to do! Keep praying for this work please! We need all the help we can get to find those that are still waiting. Still searching for the happiness their souls are hungering for. 

I have just had the strongest witness this week of the inifinite Love the Savior has for each and every one of His children. Christ gave His life for us and because He loves us, He is always there for us in our times of need. We always need Him. Everyone needs Him.
Everything we do comes back to Him.
I love Nephi 25:26
Me and my girls all back together again ;)
 26 And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins.

This work is the most true work that has ever been in the history of the entire world. This is His work and it is only made possible through Him and His divine love. I know that the Savior loves me. And I know He loves these Albanian people and He has blessed them for their faithfulness. I also know that there will be many blessings to come for the righteous! We have to stay strong because the strong winds are a-coming. We have to remain faithful at all times so we can lead others to find HIM. I love being a missionary at this time. My heart is so full and I know that as we continue to do the will of the Lord, we will be blessed.

I love you all so much! Never forget that!!
love your love,
Sister Forte<3


(sorry for the novel.. ;))