Monday, March 31, 2014

Letter #60 "Every rose has its thorns"

Hey you cuties!
I didn't hear from ya this week but I sure hope things are just peachy back home! I'm sure the Spring time weather is treatin ya really well ;)

Sister Wendt's last Sunday
Where to begin this week. I feel like I say this every week, but for reals, this one was one for the books. The journal has been recorded and now its time to update you! First and foremost.. Last night. Transfer calls. And guess who gets to serve with Sister Kokol for her last transfer? THIS GIRL!!!! Yeah, I am pretty excited. Sister Kokol is pretty much the coolest chick ever. I really love her and it has been my dream to serve with her. Welp, dream realized! She is coming down to join me in the ranks here in Fier as STL's :)

 Every week brings forth lovely new blossoms, but now we are just trying to clear out all the weeds! haha. Or I guess in rock and roll terms, just for daddy, "Every rose has its thorns." This known fact has really been made evident this transfer..
President Mema, our new stake president came to Fier to do some interviews this week and just took a moment to thank us for all of the hard work we are putting in here in this area. He said, "I know its not always easy, but I know the Lord has sent the Noble, the Brave, and the Strong to this area to help revive it." He told us we were basically working with a dead branch and it was our responsibility to help cut off the dead twigs! I think in some ways he is right, but there are definitely still some strong thriving roots in this dead branch keeping it alive. There really are some amazing people here. Now we really just need to start cutting off the dead and rotting branches to keep this tree alive!


My favorite Thomo family.. the future strength of the branch!
Fier always keeps me on my toes and throws us new curve balls every day. This weeks consisted of two fights. One in church, one in the street. A few upset and offended people. And some really great memories made. Our little group of missionaries here really have gotten close and it is going to be hard to say goodbye to Sister Wendt tomorrow! I cannot believe this transfer is already over. It came and left man!
 Once again Fier has had a wonderful successful week with the baptism of two boys taught by the Elders. The work is still moving right along and we are working with some wonderful people for baptism as well.
This week a miracle happened. But it was one of those miracles that was way too obvious it couldn't be coincidence. A very sad thing happened this week. We have been teaching Doni Bela's brother to prepare him for baptism this week, but WHAM!!!! came the trial. Their grandmother died this week suddenly and blindsided them. We had just taught him the Plan of Salvation just days before. What a miracle. Then the day of the funeral, we wanted to go see Bela and her family but weren't sure if they would be home because of the strict traditions they have here with death. We finished up at the church and noticed that Donald and Silvia, a 12 and 10 year old, were alone and their mother didn't come to walk them home. So we decided to walk them home and on the way back, we went down a road we had never been on before and who comes walking up to us out of the shadows? Bela's family! It was such a blessing. They were all so upset. Their Spirits were so down, and meeting with them in the middle of that dark road was all too perfect, it had to have been the hand of the Lord. 
The Lord threw me this scripture this week right when I needed it. D&C 78:17-18.
 17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are alittle children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
 18 And ye cannot abear all things now; nevertheless, be of goodbcheer, for I will clead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the driches of eeternity are yours.
 I know that the Lord is preparing us at this time to be recieve of his glorious blessings, and although we cannot bear all things now, we must always be of Good Cheer, because he will lead us along.
love you all so much and I hope you have a great week ya hear?

love Shaunie Bear<3