Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter #62 E di se rron Shelbuesi im

First of all I want to wish you all a Happy Belated Easter!!!!!!!!
Wasn't it a fantastic day? YES.. It really was. 
Second.. I want to wish a HAPPY WEDDING to two of my favorite people in the whole world, Mckenzie Dawn and Andrew Hawks!!!!!!!! I am just so incredibly excited for the two of you and even though I won't be there partying it up with you two, know that I will be there in spirit cheering you on along the journey!!!!!!! Congratulations you two love birds!!!!
Wowza. What a stellar week it was.
Me and Sister Kokol<3 Gosh I love her!

We had yet another baptism, our awesome next-door-neighbor Doni, and it was really beautiful. Being able to witness the joy of covenant making with our Heavenly Father really has made every hard day so worth it. I love this work!
So can I just say, I love my companion? Sister Kokol and I have decided that we must have been best friends in the pre-existence and we have spent these past few weeks catching up for all the lost time! ;) haha. I really do love her. And we have been working really hard together. Time flies when you are having fun and in the service of your Lord. 
Yesterday we had the such a wonderful success. We walk into the sacrament hall, and there s

hines a smiling face of our in-active member for the last 8 years, Sister Hoxhaj. It was such a happy moment to see her in the church beaming from ear to ear as all the old time members ran to greet her. Wow. It really is hard to explain that joy that I felt! It was as if my heart was going to explode! I was so happy, and I know it was just a glimpse of the happiness that God was feeling as he saw her there.

I have come to many realizations throughout my mission. Some of which I may have had to learn the hard way, others developed throughout time. But one realization that I wanted to share with you today is the fact that this time that I have been out here in the foreign lands of Kosovo and Albania, although it may seem long some weeks, really is but a mere small moment in the long eternal scheme of things. And although at the beginning of my mission I looked at this period of time as a sacrifice that I wanted to do for my Heavenly Father, I have come to realize that it is not a sacrifice at all. It is such a privilege. It is a mighty privilege that I have the incredible opportunity to serve my Savior for a short 18 months of my existence. This short time is such a small offering I can give to my Savior that has done so much for me. He payed the debt that gives me the opportunity to be cleansed from my sins. He suffered the pains and afflictions of each and every one of us in this mortal life that gives us the matchless comfort that pushes us through the hard days. He gave His life for us that we may live again. What a beautiful gift that we all have in our grasps through the simple principle of obedience. Sometimes I ponder and think to myself, "I really don't deserve this. Why would He do this for me?" and I have come to the conclusion. Because He loves us. He loves us so much and wants us to have all that He has. 
I want to live every day of my life to prove that I am worthy of this matchless gift.
I love you all so much and hope that we can all work together to become more like Him. He is the reason for all things. Because of Him, we will live again.
Have a wonderful week and remember that your missionary in Albania still loves you!
love,

Motra Forte<3