Monday, May 12, 2014

Letter #66 i am the captain of my soul

Oh my beautiful family.
Skype is the world's best creation. I have been on cloud 9 ever since people! 
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. This is true. And I am the first to admit that I miss you people like crazy. That "one day", whenever it may be, will be a magical day.
With all of that said, I am even more committed, now more than ever, to serving the Lord Jesus Christ and I am going to continue to work hard until the buzzer rings! I love being a missionary. I love what I do and really wish I could do it forever.. Member missionary work? I think YES!
I have had a few cool impressions throughout the week that I thought I would share with you.
I am reading Jesus the Christ and I am absolutely in awe with the glorious plan of happiness that our merciful Lord has prepared from the foundation of the world. A vital piece of this beautiful plan is the loving gift of our free agency that our Father has given us. I have never thought about how grateful I am for the ability to choose my happiness. The path is laid clear. We literally have the opportunity to choose our destiny. What truly matters is what we choose to do with that agency.
Back in high school I learned this poem called "Invictus" by William Ernest Henley and the final couplet in the end is so applicable to the plan of salvation. It goes like this:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. 
William Ernest Henley
Is that not the truth? The Lord has entrusted us to make decisions by ourselves through the help of our Spiritual guides: the prophet and his apostles, the scriptures, church, and prayer. If we hold on strong with unshakable faith to these precious resources, we will never go astray. If we hold fast to the Rod of Iron, we will always stay on course. One truth that continues to ring true to me is that our Heavenly Father loves us. He wants us to succeed. He wants us to obtain His happiness and it is made possible when we use our agency the way it was meant to be used. To bring us happiness! When His will becomes our will, it is then that the Lord takes over and He directs our souls. As for me and my mission, I want Him to be the captain of my soul! The final stretch is going to be the most rewarding!
Well I am not going to write a ton this week because I think you got enough of me yesterday, but those thoughts were just on my mind. I love you guys so much. Thank you for being the best cheering section any missionary could ask for. Me and Jordan are sure lucky to have such an awesome family supporting us while we are out here in the Lord's vineyard!
I love you guys to the moon and back!

love Sister Shauntel Louise