Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Letter #67 how firm is your foundation? ;)

Familja ime e dashur,
Sa shumë qe ju dua juve. Jam e habitur cdo herë qe unë flas me juve sepse mbaj mend sa shumë që t'ju dua. Ju jeni njerëz më të mirë në botë dhe jam shumë mirënjohëse për juve në jetën time. Pa fund. Ju jeni inkurajo ime që më mbeshtet gjatë javës dhe s'mund të shpjegoj apo përshkruaj dashuria ime për juve. (hint:use google translate)
This week was a real whirlwind and came and went faster than I could blink! I cannot even believe how quickly my time is running out. Its as if I am watching the sand time run out, and I cannot slow it down. Neither can I slow this work down. There is so much going on, and there is still so much work for me to do!!! 

We are working with Anisa still and she is the cutest thing ever. She has so much sincerity but just seems to be a bit scared of commitment so she is still without a baptism date. As the Spirit continues to work with her, I know that she will come around. She is a very special girl. This week we are going to find, find, and find some more! I know the Lord has people anxiously waiting to find everlasting happiness. Who wouldn't want it?!

Today we went to my favorite city in all of Albania, Berat! 
The city of a thousand windows! :) It was such a blasttttttt. This is my ballin' district ;)
Last night I was woken up by an earthquake in the middle of the night as my bed rocked back and forth and our closet rattled against the wall. It wasn't a very strong earthquake to scare me too badly to get up and run under the door frame, but it was big enough to disturb my slumber. haha. It was pretty crazy. The Elders on the other hand live in a quite unstable building made of brick and Elder Morava told me their whole building was rocking back and forth! He was a bit freaked out and hopped right out of bed to safety just in case.
This led me to think about the little ways Satan tries to tempt us rock us off our path. He tempts us in such a way that we hardly even notice a change. Everything seems okay at first until you realize that you are completely sucked into his sly trap. In reality, his ultimate desire is to knock us off our spiritual paths. He will do everything in His power to rock us into despair, but as we are close to our Father in Heaven and build our foundation on the Lord, Jesus Christ, we cannot fail. Just like in Helaman 5:12.
 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon  the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
Satan will send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shaft in the whirlwind, but when his mighty storm shall fall upon us, we will not be dragged down. Why? Because of the rock upon which we are built. Which is a sure foundation. Whereon if men build, they cannot fall! This is the truth people. If we just trust in the Lord and deny ourselves of all ungodliness, Satan cannot have any power over us. More and more throughout my life, I have become more aware of the forces of good and evil. Just like the forces of good in evil depicted in Star Wars and Harry Potter. haha. Cheesy but so true. Although they are depicted in a worldly different way between Harry Potter and Voldamort and Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, they are both displaying the reality of good and evil. We are in a war right now. A spiritual war between Satan and his team, but it is a war that if we choose it, it has already been won! Christ made it all possible for us to overcome all things. If we stay on His side, we will always win. Wickedness never was Happiness, and Righteous always brings about the Victory. We will be victorious as we place our faith in Christ and build upon Him as our rock.

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the only key to our temporal happiness and our eternal happiness in the life to come.
i love you people so dang much. You better know that!!!! Have the best week and keep smiling! :D
love your missionary,

Sister Shauntel Forte<3