Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Letter #70 FUTBOL

My apologies to you all. I am so sorry this letter is getting to you a day late, but yesterday the internet went out and we had to drive to Macedonia, so I didn't get a chance to send this out.  How are my babies doinnnn? I am so excited for your trek and hope that you have good weather! :)
This week has been a mad house with the World Cup going on and what not! Soccer here is seriously HUGE! And all of Albania is going crazy over it! Woo hoo! It is a fun thing to be a part of because we hear the scores every single day from everyone we meet! With all of this commotion and excitement, I had an idea pop into my head...
My good ol' friend once said, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." haha, thanks Forrest, thanks. But I am going to change this idea a bit. Life is more like a soccer game. Good versus evil. Our actions and choices that we make determine which team we are playing for. I once read this great scripture mastery verse in the Bible that said,  "No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Luke 16:13.
Now this scripture has been taken to a whole new level. We can only serve one master. We can only satisfy one coach. We can only score points for one team. Therefore, Who's side are we on? The Lord's or Satan's? I will tell you one thing. We already know that outcome of the match, so the decision is pretty easy. We are on the Lord's team! So we better play to our full potential because we only got one shot. We got to give our all all of the time! Because we never know when the ref is going to blow his whistle. 
That was just a little thought I had throughout the week and I hope that you guys followed my little brain waves. haha. So I know you are at Trek right now but I hope you all have a blast and push those handcarts real good ;)
I love you guys so much and just cannot even explain how excited I am to see you beautiful people. BLAHHHHHHH! ONE WEEK!!!!!!!
It's back to work my friends. Until next week ;)
love yours truly,

Motra Forte<3