Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Letter #68 Peace, be still.

This missionary is back on track baby!
yeah. it doesn't get much better ;)
So I won't lie. Last week was a bit of a downer. I am not sure exactly why, but I think that Satan was really trying to bring me and Sister Kokol down.. I have three words to say to that... AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!
Me and Sister Kokol are going strong and we are trying to find the elect that God has prepared for His gospel. They really are out there and we have the faith to find them.
welcome to lake ohrid. heaven on earth!!!!!
This week has been awesome. The Lord has been working with us in a very close way this week. I have really come to understand the ways that the Lord works and communicates with us through His spirit. The scriptures tell us that the Spirit communicates with us through our feelings and our thoughts. The words seem so simple, but to feel and recognize the power of the Spirit is a whole different ball game. In this life we have so many distractions--noises and plans and people and activities and music and movies and games and i-phones and commotion all around us 24-7. Do we ever take a moment for ourselves to listen to the silence? This week we had an amazing broadcast for the YSA from Elder Ballard and it was very powerful. He discussed this very thing and encouraged us to find take those moments of silence and listen to the Spirit. 
take two. I love these girls. haha.
I have been prayerful to find the people that are ready. Then one day walking down the street, I had the epiphany that we should meet with Lavdosh, a recent convert's parents! At first I thought, hmmmmm. Maybe? Maybe not.. Then I realized that these thoughts were not my thoughts, but were thoughts given to me through the Spirit. 
We met. They accepted. And now they are on a baptismal date for the 7th of June. WHAT? 
Beatles attempt take one.
Yeah. That is the power of God manifested my friends. He is real. He is with us and working with us every step of the way if we rely on Him and not in the arm of man. This is His work. The field is white and all ready to harvest ;)

Sorry for the short letter this week.We went to the most beautiful place today, Lake Ohrid in Macedonia! bahhhhhhh. What a beautiful sight to see! I love my mission. 
I hope you all have a lovely week and remember who you are ;) until the next one.
love your guts,

Sister Forte<3